THE HILLS SWIM AND TENNIS CLUB POLICIES
The Hills’ members, their children, and guests are subject to the following rules and regulations as they may be established and/or modified over time. The club has the exclusive right to set, amend, and interpret all rules and regulations. Failure to follow stated regulations may result in membership termination.(Policies updated May 2015)
GENERAL FACILITY GUIDELINES
- All children under the age of 14 must be supervised by an adult or guardian (at least 18 years of age) at all times and in all areas of the club. This is a California State law.
- Smoking and gum chewing are prohibited at the club and parking lot areas.
- Glassware is not allowed beyond the lobby doors, including wine and beer bottles. Please ask the front desk for plastic beverage containers.
- Climbing on trees, tables, chairs, hillsides, buildings and planted beds is prohibited.
- Members and guests must obey all posted signs.
- Members and guests must stay away from restricted areas.
- Changing clothes on the pool deck is prohibited. Please change in the locker rooms.
- Pets are not allowed on club premises. This includes outside the front of the club and parking lot areas. Only licensed service dogs are allowed.
LOCKER ROOMS AND SAUNAS
- No food or drinks allowed in these areas.
- For privacy concerns, cell phone use is strictly prohibited.
- Clothing, bags, and other personal belongings must be placed in a locker, under a bench, or on top of lockers. Unattended items left in walkways or on benches will be placed in lost and found.
- Children under the age of 16 may not use the sauna at any time.
- Towels, clothing, newspapers, or any other flammable articles should never be left unattended in the saunas.
- Children who are 5 years or older must use their gender-appropriate changing room and shower.
- Athletic shoes and shirts are required. No sandals or bare feet are allowed.
- Bathing suits, wet or dry, are not allowed in the gym or studios.
- Cell phone conversations are not allowed in the fitness room or studios.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the fitness room, with the exception of sports drinks and water carried in a resealable container.
- Regulations about youth access to the fitness room:
A. Teens 15 and up are allowed to use the gym equipment after completing a fitness orientation with Hills training staff and their parent/guardian signs a liability release form.
B. Teens 14 and under also need orientation, a completed release form AND need to have a parent/guardian present while working out.
C. Teens 12 and 13 can use the fitness center after 10 sessions of training with Hills staff, signing a release form, AND with a parent/guardian present while working out.
D. Children 11 and under are never allowed in the fitness room.
For courtesy and the enjoyment of everyone, please also observe the following guidelines:
- Consider other members who are waiting by limiting your time on the equipment. 30 minutes on the treadmill, elliptical or cycles is the guideline.
- Cell phone conversations are prohibited in the gym and outdoor exercise areas.
- Loud music that disturbs others is not allowed. Conversation should also be minimized.
- After use, equipment should be returned to the proper place.
- Dropping or slamming of the weight stacks or barbells is not allowed.
- Do not leave wet towels on the counters or benches. Used towels should be placed in the designated laundry bins.
- Please wipe perspiration off the seats and head rests after use.
PILATES STUDIO RULES
- Members and guests can use the Pilates studio only when a certified Pilates Instructor is present.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the Pilates studio.
- All visitors to the Pilates studio must remove their shoes by the door.
- All cell phones and electronic devices must be set on silent while in the Pilates studio.
- Children under 14 are not allowed in the Pilates studio unless in training with a Pilates instructor.
- Tennis court reservations may be made up to 3 days in advance.
- Courts will be held for no more than 15 minutes after the reservation time.
- White-soled shoes, designed specifically for tennis, are required.
GUEST PROCEDURES & FEES
- All guests must be accompanied by members at all times.
- Guests over 18 years must fill out a Guest Waiver at the front desk before entering the facility.
- Guests under 18 must have a parent sign the waiver. There are two options to sign the waiver:
a. The parent may sign the waiver in person at the club.
b. Or, the waiver may be signed offsite, but hosting members must sign as “witness.”
- All guest fees must be paid upon entering the club.
- No individual guest may visit the club more than 6 times per year.
- A maximum of 4 guests may visit the facility per membership per day. Larger groups must be booked at least 24 hours in advance as a party.
- Approved party groups are limited to 25 guests. Certain times of year and specific holiday dates are restricted.
- Hosting members are responsible to ensure guests abide by club rules and are liable for any damages to club facilities.
- Any member who intentionally avoids paying proper guest fees may be terminated.
- Members with adult children age 21 or over and currently enrolled in college can make arrangements for limited-term club passes. Please contact the accounting office during business hours to make arrangements for your adult children.
- All swimmers must use the club’s shower facilities before entering the pools or spas.
- Babies/toddlers must wear leak-proof plastic or rubber panties or swim diapers.
- Swimmers and hot tub users must wear proper swimming attire (no cut-off shorts).
- Lane sharing is required when the pool is busy. Lap swimming etiquette is posted on our website.
- Starting blocks may only be used under direct Hills instructor supervision.
- Kickboards are for lap swimmers only.
- When a Lifeguard is on duty, he/she has the responsibility and right to deem any activity as unsafe. Please always obey the Lifeguards’ directions, and/or any Hills staff who approaches you about pool safety or rules. Examples of prohibited behaviors:
a) Riding on shoulders
b) Sliding on rails
c) Throwing small children in the air
d) Hard throwing objects (e.g., tennis balls, basketballs, water polo balls, etc.)
e) Hanging on or crossing under or over the lane lines
f) Diving (unless the diving board is officially open and supervised by a Lifeguard)
g) Jumping in backwards
h) Oversized toys, floats or boards
i) Using kickboards as toys
j) Glassware or bottles are not allowed anywhere around the pools
k) Squirt guns and devices that squirt water are not allowed.
l) Water balloons are not allowed on the premises.
- Lifeguards and Hills staff will enforce these policies. Please report any unsafe or hazardous behavior to club staff immediately.
Children under four-feet tall must wear a Coast Guard certified lifejacket or be within arms reach of an adult in the pools at all times. The Hills provides lifejackets on the pool deck.
FAMILY HOT TUB
- Only 9 people allowed in the family hot tub at any time.
- Children younger than 14 must have an adult guardian within arm’s reach.
- Flotation devices, toys, kickboards, and horseplay are not allowed.
- No food or drinks in or near the hot tub.
- Management may close the hot tub at any time.
ADULT HOT TUB RULES
- Adults only age 18 and over.
- Only 9 people allowed in the hot tub at any time.
- No flotation devices, toys, kickboards, or horseplay.
- No food or drinks in or near the hot tub.
- Management may close the hot tub at any time.
- Shower before entering.
- Please report any water quality issues immediately.
This area is for quiet conversation and reflection.
DIVING BOARD AREA RULES
- Diving board may not be used without the direct supervision of a Lifeguard.
- Three Lifeguards must be on duty for the board to be open.
- The diving board may only be used if the diving well is completely clear of other swimmers.
- Divers must exit the pool on the side closest to the Lifeguard stand.
- Only one person is allowed on the diving board at a time.
- Feet-first jumps or forward dives only. Back flips are not allowed.
- No running on the board.
- No jumping from the side of the board.
- Only one bounce is allowed on the board.
- "Catching" of small children off the diving board is not allowed. Parents may retrieve a child after they land in the water.
- No flotation devices in diving area including kickboards, unless under supervision of a Hills instructor.
- Lifeguards reserve the right to close the diving area and/or the board at any time.
- No hanging on the board.
- When the pool is open for free swim, diving or jumping from the board side wall is prohibited.
When the diving board is closed, the deep end is open for free swim. The usual pool rules also apply in this area.
- The splash pad is unsupervised.
- Swim suits are required at all times, no street clothes allowed.
- Children under 5 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- All members and guests must conduct themselves in a courteous, safe, and family-oriented manner.
- Infants must wear swim diapers.
- Athletic equipment or play toys such as balls or pool noodles are not allowed.
- No running, climbing, hanging, or swinging on structures.
- No food or drinks in the splash pad area.
- No changing clothes in the splash pad area.
Please note that cabana reservations may be booked up to 3 days in advance. One reservation per membership, per day; multiple reservations will be charged accordingly. Cabanas will be held for NO MORE than 15 minutes after the reservation time. A $75 fee will be charged to member's account if cabana is occupied beyond 2 or 4 hour allotted time and/or cabana is not properly cleaned after use.